National Youth Achievement Award
Aim of the Award
To encourage young people aged 14-25 to develop personal qualities of
- Self reliance
- Sense of responsibility to oneself, to society and to the nation.
- More than 113 countries worldwide are operating the Award Programme under various titles
- The NYAA Programme was officially launched in Singapore on 9th May 1992 by H.E. President Late Wee Kim Wee at the Istana.
- NYAA is advised by an Advisory Board chaired by Mr Mah Bow Tan, Minister for National Development
- NYAA is administered by a National Council chaired by Prof Leo Tan
- NYAA Secretariat is headed by an executive director, MrJames Soh
- NYAA Singapore is a Full Member of The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Association
- The Singapore Scout Association is the pioneer organisation that took part in the NYAA programme scheme